A Rejuvenating Age-Inclusive Skincare Regime for Your 40s
What Are the Top 5 Skincare Concerns for 40+ Skin?
As we journey through life, our skin changes, revealing unique challenges and needs. Here are the top five skin concerns for those in their 40s.
Wrinkles and Fine Lines: The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles becomes more noticeable as collagen and elastin production naturally declines and the first signs of ageing often appear around the mouth, forehead, and eyes. Here at Almora Botanica, we embrace ageless beauty with innovative and intelligent ingredients to aid and support skin throughout its journey. Our pure performance Serum for Fine Lines is packed with Forsythosides B, a potent antioxidant, and Mango pulp extract to help stimulate oxygenation of cells, restore elasticity and firmness, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Uneven Skin Tone: Skin can develop uneven pigmentation due to sun exposure, hormonal changes, and past damage. This can manifest itself as dullness, sun and age spots, or melasma, which can effect skin tone and clarity. Use our multitasking hydra light Radiance Day Face Oil daily to repair the skin barrier and illuminate the skin for a natural and radiant glow.
Reduced Skin Elasticity: A decrease in elasticity can lead to loss of firmness. This is particularly noticeable in the eye area due to the delicate skin that surrounds it. The Restorative Eye Serum is a 4-in-1 Eye Collagen booster that releases nutrients and collagen activators to visibly strengthen, brighten, lift, and revitalise the eye area.
Dryness and Dehydration: The skin's ability to retain moisture decreases with age, often resulting in dryness and dullness, so a proper hydration routine is essential to maintaining skin health. The Restorative Night Face Oil is 100% natural and aids the healing and restoring process throughout the night to plump, hydrate, nourish, protect, and visibly enhance your skin come morning.
Sun Damage: The effects of over exposure to the sun become more apparent in your 40s, making it an important concern to address so as not to exacerbate issues like pigmentation. To brighten skin, clear the appearance of dark spots, and decrease melanin production apply the Dark Spots & Pigmentation Serum. This ultimate dark spot corrector is infused with antioxidant-rich White mulberry and adaptogenic actives to brighten skin.
Your Full Multi-Benefit Routine:
Step 1: Cleanse
- Deep Oil Cleanser & Make-Up Remover
- Purifying Gel Cleanser
Step 2: Treat
- Serum for Fine Lines
- Dark Spots & Pigmentation Serum
- Restorative Eye Serum
Step 3: Hydrate and nourish
- Hydrating and Resilience Face Lotion
- Radiance Day Face Oil
- Restorative Night Face Oil
- Restorative Hand Cream
Step 4: Face Yoga Fitness
Activate and reshape for ageless skin beauty
Enjoy Beautiful Revitalised Skin in Your 40s
We take a holistic 360 approach to beauty and by combining Ayurveda's principles with the muscle-toning Face Yoga Fitness exercises, you can create a powerful synergy for super skin at any age. Here’s our top tips for nurturing your skin from the inside out in your 40s.
- Balanced Diet: Consume a diet rich in antioxidants, colorful fruits, vegetables, and Ayurvedic superfoods like turmeric and amla to nourish your skin from within.
- Hydration: Hydrated skin is healthy skin. Drink ample water and herbal teas to maintain skin moisture. In Ayurveda, starting your day with a glass of warm water can help flush out toxins and kickstart your digestive system. Rather than drinking large quantities at once, Ayurveda recommends sipping fluids throughout the day to avoid overwhelming the digestive system.
- Daily Cleansing: Gently cleanse your face twice daily to remove impurities without over-stripping natural oils.
- Face Yoga Fitness: Commit to regular Face Yoga Fitness routines that target facial muscles, stimulate blood flow, boost collagen, and enhance skin tone. Combine with cardiovascular exercise to feel your very best self.
- Stress Reduction: Practice stress-reducing techniques such as meditation, deep breathing, and mindfulness to keep skin calm and balanced.
- Sleep Well: Prioritise 7 to 9 hours of quality sleep nightly for skin cell repair and rejuvenation. The blue light from screens can disrupt melatonin production, making it harder to sleep, so be sure to disconnect from devices for a restful slumber.
- Sun Protection: Shield your skin from harmful UV rays with SPF and protective clothing to prevent premature ageing.
Discover Our 40+ Skincare Solution Must-Have
Read More Skincare Stories
Read More Skincare Stories
A summary of our posts.